This is just about our lives - four cats, two kids, a musician and a preacher.


























 
Archives
<< current













 
This is where you stick random tidbits of information about yourself.



























Elizabeth's musings
 
Friday, August 16, 2013  
These last four pounds were hard!  It took me almost a month to get rid of them.  Our vacation to St. Louis seems like a big french fry fest.  We also sampled fried pickles at two different restaurants.  Very good!  They actually remind me of fried banana peppers.

So I'm down 45 pounds now.  I've been walking more lately and that feels good.  I've found a route with all sidewalks.  I really don't like walking in the street, even if it's a quiet street.

Still juicing.  Still making nut milks.  Still adding avocado to most of my green juices.  The return of Lila's PB&J lunches is not good for my will power.  Peanut butter in the house is haaaaaaaaard to resist.

I fixed hazelnut/pecan/brazil nut milk yesterday.  Oh my word, that is so good!  My favorite glass is when it's still warm, right after I've made it.  It tastes like nutella and pecan pie in a glass.

I use boiling water for the first blend, then I let the nut/hot water mixture sit for about 15 minutes.  I'm not sure it makes any difference, but I think the steeping might bring out more of the nut flavor.

Getting closer to my goal a little at a time.  This time last year, I was stressed about wearing my OSO polo shirt for a summer concert.  I had two sizes in my drawer, and neither fit.  I tried them on today just to see, and the smaller size fit!  Maybe I'll break out that shirt for some Strings Attached classes.



5:24 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.