This is just about our lives - four cats, two kids, a musician and a preacher.


























 
Archives
<< current













 
This is where you stick random tidbits of information about yourself.



























Elizabeth's musings
 
Wednesday, July 17, 2013  
41 pounds down!!  I've been juicing 3 1/2 months now.  The first month was pristine.  I could count the cheats by the spoonful in that first month.  Now I have a little nibble every day.  The big picture still looks good, I just can't stand that gnawing hunger at the end of the day.

My left knee is definitely improving.  Stairs have been much easier.

I love that it's easy to change my favorite juices just by adding one different ingredient.  Watermelon has been my magical addition this week.  Juicing the rind is good, too.

Last week's magical find:  PECAN MILK!  Oh my word, this is good.  It reminds me of pecan pie.  I fix my nut milk with a dash of sea salt, vanilla, cinnamon and a tiny splash of maple syrup.  I add coconut oil to almond milk, and coconut water to all of my nut milks.  I've tried almond, brazil nut, sunflower seeds, and pecans.  Sunflower seed was my least favorite milk.  It had a bitter aftertaste.

I'm still blending my green juices with avocado.  It tastes so good, and I swear my hair is shinier.

So September . . . Labor Day was my original date for reentry.  I've changed my mind.  Now I want to stick with juicing until I reach my weight loss goal. 

12:04 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.