This is just about our lives - four cats, two kids, a musician and a preacher.


























 
Archives
<< current













 
This is where you stick random tidbits of information about yourself.



























Elizabeth's musings
 
Sunday, May 12, 2013  
The salad dressing that Mom made for the Taco Salad came from the Forks Over Knives cookbook.  It had pureed white beans, cilantro, tahini, soy sauce and red pepper flakes.  It was really good.  I'm looking forward to fixing that one once I'm back to eating. 

Forks Over Knives promotes a vegan diet that does not include any oils. I'm not sure I would eliminate coconut oil or olive oil. 

Someone asked the other day how long I'll keep going with the juicing phase.  I have Labor Day set as the end of juicing only.  Then I'll keep juicing and add whole fruits and veggies.  I really hope to be close to my goal by then. 

Another someone asked how much weight I hope to lose.  I would like to lose 100 pounds total.  I've already lost 27. 

I do feel time tick tick ticking.  I know that menopause is in my not-so-distant future.  No sign of it yet, but at 44 it couldn't be too far off.  There is no way I want to enter menopause with that much extra weight hanging on.

My knees have been screaming at me to get rid of the extra pounds.  There are 16 very steep hardwood stairs to get to my teaching studio.  Those stairs are far too painful for someone my age.  I hope that getting my weight down will take care of the pain.  I'll let you know!

9:41 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.