This is just about our lives - four cats, two kids, a musician and a preacher.


























 
Archives
<< current













 
This is where you stick random tidbits of information about yourself.



























Elizabeth's musings
 
Wednesday, May 15, 2013  
30!!  The pants in the next size down fit again. 

Sticking to just juice is so much harder at home.  Last night I got home at about 9:00 and there was leftover Shells and Cheese on the stove.  I asked Randy to get rid of it.  There is no way I could have resisted those leftovers.

As long as food is already in the fridge or freezer, I'm usually okay with leaving it there.  Usually.  I haven't had a cheat since Saturday.  Here, Saturday means soup.  Justin Crandall is a master soup chef (and owner/chef at Pangea Cafe).  He creates and donates the soup that we serve at our church's soup kitchen.  This past Saturday he fixed Spicy Beef Stew.  Of course I had to have some.

I realize that I talk more about the food that I can't have than the juice that I'm making.  I do like the juices that I fix, but they aren't all that exciting.  The avocado blending still pleases me greatly.  Fennel, red pepper and poblano peppers are also favorites.

Here is my shopping list:

Spinach
Cilantro
Kale
Asparagus
Hearts of Romaine
Cucumbers
Celery
Fennel
Poblano peppers
Red Bell peppers
Carrots
Sweet Potatoes
Naval oranges
Grapefruit
Apples
Ginger

I buy whichever oranges and apples are on sale.  For eating, I prefer big crunchy Gala apples.  I've found that juicing the bagged apples works fine and I can save a few dollars there.

Juicing is definitely expensive.  I'm not spending money on eating out, buying cheese and Greek yoghurt, or snacks at the gas station.  But the veggies and fruits that fill my shopping cart cost more than what I'm saving by not eating junk.  That's fine.  I would rather be healthy and (more) broke (than usual).



12:56 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.